One of the great ways for you to overcome procrastination is by working as though you had only one day to get all your most important jobs done before you left for a month or went on a vacation. By putting the pressure on yourself, you accomplish more and better tasks, faster than ever before. You become a high-performance, high-achieving personality. You feel terrific about yourself, and bit by bit, you build up the habit of rapid task completion that then goes on to serve you all the days of your life.
- Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog
"If you accept this price, I'll have a lot more work for you in the future." Agree to this deal only if the following points are true:
- You get the commitment to future business in writing.
- You know exactly how much future business there will be and exactly how much of it will come your way.
- You can afford to do the work or provide the goods at the lower rate.
- Michael C. Donaldson, Negotiating for Dummies